Protect America Home Security Reviews Visit Site
Lifetime Guaranteed: Protect America Home Security Review
Home security doesn’t always have to be expensive. As a matter of fact, with $0 upfront fee, no installation or even activation charge, Protect America can easily help you get started in protecting what matters most to you.
Important things to know about this alarm system:
- Protect America partners with Criticom International in monitoring your home.
- It’s one of the most reputable monitoring service providers you can find.
- It has three UL Listed stations in the country.
- It’s a DIY system which means you don’t have to wait for anyone to get started. You can easily have the system up and running within minutes.
- It issues a free lifetime warranty for its security system.
- It has its own special app, the Smart Connect App, which you can use to manage your security and automate your home.
- Protect America is rated A by the Better Business Bureau.
Technically, you have five main packages to choose from. These packages differ in the number of sensors they include.
To help you understand better, here’s the breakdown of what each package contains:
- Simon XT Control Panel
- This control panel requires a single key press in arming and disarming your system.
- It has large backlit buttons for easier control.
- It’s wireless and comes with back up batteries in case there’s power failure in your area.
- The backup power can last for 24 hours.
- These batteries can recharge on their own once power resumes.
- It can accommodate up to 40 different sensors.
- It also has built-in voice command.
- It can tell if your system is armed or not.
- If there’s a breach in your security, it can easily pinpoint which door or window has been opened.
- It includes a 24 hour-emergency panic button.
- While you’re the only one who can have a master code, the Simon Control Panel also allows you to give 8 more individual codes to each of your family member.
- These codes are 4 digits long. You or your children won’t have a hard time keeping them in mind.
- The control panel can also work as a door chime. You just need to set up the function, including how you want your chime to sound.
- It also includes a 95dB siren to send intruders scampering away from your home.
- Door or Window Sensors
- The sensors are wireless and work on magnetic contacts.
- They are also interchangeable. You can install your door sensor to protect your windows or the other way around.
- Motion Sensors
- The sensors work by heat and movement detection.
- Its range can reach up to 25 feet.
- If your pet weighs 40 lbs, you won’t need to worry about it triggering your alarm. You can easily adjust your system’s sensitivity.
|Simon XT Control Panel||1||1||1||1||1|
|Door and Window Sensors||3||6||9||11||14|
|Advantage||Most Affordable||Most Popular||Best Value|
After selecting your package, you need to decide which type of monitoring plan you want your system to have. You can choose from:
- Landline Monitoring uses your existing phone line to send and receive your signals.
- This is the only monitoring option from this company that has Two Way Voice feature.
- For an additional $19.99, it’s one of the cheapest monitoring solutions you can get your hands on.
- Broadband Monitoring means faster solution.
- Protect America claims to take only 2 seconds in connecting your system to the monitoring station.
- By signing up to this monitoring plan, you’ll get access to its mobile app and home automation features.
- The system relies on Z Wave technology in making your home smart.
- Cellular Monitoring eliminates the need to worry about broadband failures and your phone line’s vulnerability to clever burglars.
- This type of connection is so secure that even our #1 home security system relies on it.
Aside from the packages, Protect America also has a lot of add-ons you won’t find in other typical systems. Your choices include:
- Medical Panic Pendant
- Medical Panic Pendant is very useful if you have a senior relative living at home.
- For an added $19.99, you can rest assured knowing that your loved one can get immediate help in just a push of a button.
- Smoke Detector
- Protect America combines two technologies in smoke detection.
- It can sense rapid changes in temperature and detect smoke particles from fire.
- You can subscribe to the monitored smoke detector feature by paying an extra $9.99 monthly.
The minimum length of contract you can expect from Protect America is 36 months or 3 years. After this contract expires, it gets automatically renewed on a monthly basis. It will only get terminated if you ask for it.
This policy falls short to that of Frontpoint’s 30 day risk free trial where you get to try its system first for a full month to see if it’s the right fit or not. Despite this downside, Protect America is still one of the best and most effective systems you can get.
On the other hand, Protect America provides a 30 day money back guarantee with no additional restocking fee for any extra equipment you purchase for your system. However, if you have to cancel your agreement, you have 14 days from the original shipment date to return and ship the devices back to a set address. You have to take note that you do have to pay for the shipping fees. The cancellation will only take effect after Protect America receives all the devices.
Protect America Home Security System gives a free lifetime warranty.
They offer a 30 day money back guarantee with no restocking fee for any additional equipment.
The initial contract is 3 years. It automatically renews on a monthly basis.
They have packages for both home and business security.
Protect America offers a wide variety of choices for its monitoring plans and packages.
The system is DIY.
Cameras and smoke detectors are not included in the packages. You can purchase them as add-ons.
Protect America offers one of the most affordable monitoring solutions on the market.