Top 5 Home Security Systems You Need To Consider For Your Home Reviews Visit Site
Home security systems are your best protection when it comes to burglary and keeping what matters to you safe and sound. In fact, failing to install one at home increases your chances of falling victim to burglars by as much as 2.7 to 3.5%.
While it’s a common idea that burglars only target well-off homes, that isn’t really the entire case. Studies suggest that burglary often happens to households that generate around $35,000 annually or those that can’t clearly afford a security system.
Although most alarm systems today look similar, not all of them can deliver what they say they can do. Because we know how confusing and hard it is to find the right fit, we’ve taken the hard work off of your hands.
We’ve stringently reviewed, researched and compared systems, plans and packages to give you the top 5 home security systems on the market today.
Review of the Top 5 Home Security Systems
- Frontpoint is largely known for its genuine customer service. It continues to receive tons of positive feedbacks from satisfied customers.
- It has Crash and Smash Protection which activates an alarm even when burglars try to destroy your devices.
- It uses Z-wave technology in making your home smart.
- Its Control Panel comes with backup batteries in cases of power failures.
- It offers a three-year warranty for the packages.
Frontpoint offers both home security and home automation. It’s relatively confident with its service that it is willing to give you a money back guarantee and a 30-day risk-free trial. It also doesn’t like putting its sales representatives at your doorstep as much as you don’t like meeting them there. Frontpoint implements an “anti-sales” policy that can save you from pressured buying and a lot of headaches. All of your system’s transactions can be done online-even its activation.
Frontpoint has teamed up with Alarm.com and GE to give you the best app and the best set of devices on the market. With such dedication and commitment, Frontpoint earns an A+ rating in the Better Business Bureau.
Frontpoint is a Do-It-Yourself system. Because it’s self-installed, you can easily take it with you if ever you decide to transfer to another home. Other than home transfer, you can also shift the ownership of your Frontpoint system to another name when needed.
- Protect America relies on Criticom International’s three monitoring stations in keeping your home safe.
- It offers one of the most affordable monthly monitoring plans you can find at $19.99.
- It gives you all three monitoring options to choose from – landline, broadband and cellular.
- Protect America uses Z-Wave technology for its home automation protocol.
Protect America can help you get started with home security even when on a tight budget. It requires no upfront fees. You don’t even need to pay for any activation or installation fees.
In terms of packages, there are a handful of options you can choose from. These packages come with a free lifetime equipment warranty which isn’t a very common feature among home security systems today.
The minimum contract for this system is 3 years. You have to keep in mind that this contract automatically renews on a monthly basis after its due date. There’s also a 30-day full money back guarantee for any equipment you add. In terms of cancellation, Protect America offers a shorter 14 day period. Both policies require that you ship the equipment back to them before any of your requests take effect.
- Safemart has three monitoring stations that are all UL listed. These stations guarantee a faster and a more reliable response time.
- It is armed with the Crash and Smash technology.
- It has the ASAPer that can provide a fast solution to responding to alarms. It works by building a communication line between you, your registered contacts and the monitoring station.
- It also has customizable geo-fencing features. You can set up several geo-fences and set rules for each one.
- You can automate your home through SafeMart with any Z-Wave brand you want.
- It has a 24-hour back-up power supply in case the electricity fails in your area.
Providing full automation through Z-Wave technology, SafeMart offers you real-time notifications and alerts for your security. It can even let you know if your kids did not arrive home on time through its “No Show” notifications.
SafeMart also offers you a one year guarantee for the system along with a two-year warranty. Are they different? The answer is yes.
- It gives you a one year guarantee to return the system for a full refund.
- If your system gets broken, through its 2-year warranty, SafeMart will replace your devices for free.
SafeMart has three monitoring plans you can subscribe to. Its most comprehensive plan is the Total Home. Other than professional monitoring, the said monitoring plan gives you Advanced Security Alerts, No Show Notifications and even Location Based Control. Through its home automation features, you’ll be able to connect 40 different Z-Wave devices and sensors to your systems.
- Link allows you to select the devices you need in order for you to build your own home security package.
- It offers you a 30-day money back guarantee in case you’re not satisfied with their service.
- It also has a transfer program that can help you make the switch to Link without sacrificing your old home security devices.
- Link partners with Alarm.com and 2GIG.
- As the system doesn’t require professional installation, you can set it up by yourself and save on installation fees.
Link is customizable. You can choose the devices you want to include in your system. However, if you don’t feel like creating your own, Costco has pre-assembled packages that can fit your needs. They come cheaper by the packages, too. Its lowest is marked at $99.99. Link also offers a 30-day money back guarantee as well as a full one year warranty for its devices. However, it may bind you with a 36-month agreement. That’s equivalent to three years.
Link also has a two way talk feature that lets you communicate with your monitoring station during emergencies. This is particularly helpful in better arming your response team since they can get informed on what type of situation they will be responding to. Link works by cellular technology and comes inclusive with battery back-ups so you won’t have to worry about your system experiencing downtimes during power failures.
- Armorax is a scalable system that can make your home both safe and smart.
- It can be self-monitored or set up for professional monitoring.
- It offers monthly and annual payment options in case you subscribe to its monitoring plans.
- It has a 30-day risk-free period
Armorax includes the basic control panel and sensors in its package. In case you want to scale your system up, there are a lot of compatible brands you can pick from, including Kwickset, Yale and 2GIG. You can practically build your own security system depending on the size of your home and how comprehensive you want your system to be.
You can use the system on its own but if you’re looking for extra protection, you can subscribe to its professional monitoring plan which costs $40 per month. You can choose to pay either on a monthly or an annual term. There’s a 2 year-warranty for every Armorax you buy.
How to Choose the Best Security System For Your Home
There are a lot of things you need to consider when buying a security system for your home. If you’re in the shadow on how to pick the best one from the long list of available systems today, here are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Professional installation involves having a technician or a security expert come over to your home to set your system up. This option is a good choice if you’re not confident enough with your installation skills. The downside, however, is that you may have to wait for the technician’s schedule. Professional installation also requires an installation fee.
- Self installation is more convenient because you won’t have to wait for or let anyone else inside your home. Most of today’s systems are DIY in nature, which means you simply need to “plug and play”. You can have your system up and running within minutes.
- Landline requires you to have an existing phone line so that your security system can communicate signals to its monitoring station.
- Cellular monitoring means communication between your system and its monitoring station will go through cellular signal. It’s more dependable and faster compared to landline monitoring.
- Broadband monitoring relies on your internet when sending emergency signals. It costs less than cellular monitoring but a lot more reliable than using your phone lines.
Professionally Monitored System vs. Self-Monitored System
Purchasing a monitored system means having a central station monitoring your home 24/7. In case an emergency signal is received, the station will try to reach you or the people on your contact list. In case there’s no response, the station can dispatch immediate help to check your home.
Self-monitored systems, meanwhile, leave everything on your hands. Although it can help you detect an emergency, such as a potential burglary or fire, calling the appropriate authorities will still be under your discretion.
Benefits of Having a Home Alarm System
Aside from keeping your home safe, adding a security system also offers the following benefits:
- It can decrease the cost of your home insurance by as much as 20%.
- It also helps you save on your electricity bill.
- It lets you keep a tab on your children even if you’re not at home.
- Depending on your system, it also allows remote monitoring and access to your home.
- You can also get notified in case there’s fire, water leaks or even unusual temperature at home.
Although several options are available on the market, you still have to exercise caution in choosing a security system for your home. You should consider the costs, features and even your needs in making any decision involving your home’s safety.
It’s not enough that you know what system works for most people. It’s more important that you know which system can best protect you, your family and your home.
For us, we find Frontpoint as the #1 home security system because of their good customer orientation, exceptional service and the quality equipment they include in their packages. The idea of Crash and Smash Technology also adds peace of mind in knowing that emergency signals can still be sent even if the devices are tampered.
In case you are looking for other options to keep your home protected, we suggest you go through our Reviews page. We’ve covered tons of security systems, from DIY to all-in-one devices, that we’re confident you’ll find one that will exactly fit your needs and preferences.