Top 3 Smart Locks For Your Home Reviews Visit Site
Don’t you think it’s about time you change those traditional door locks at home?
Digging inside your pockets for your keys can be a tough battle, particularly if you are carrying your sleeping child or several big bags of groceries in your arms. Other than these inconveniences, using traditional door locks, when everything else got upgraded, is quite a gamble in terms of security. Burglars used to pick door locks with cards and hairpin long before they learned how to hack security systems. They wouldn’t mind doing it on your front door again.
To make your locks more secure, you can upgrade them to smart locks. Not only can these devices make your home safer, it can also add convenience. If you are not sure about which to pick, you can take a look at these top three smart locks.
August is relatively easy to install. It does not require you to change your entire door lock but simply takes over the inner half of it. Since you will only modify the inner part, you can still use the external keyed cylinder as usual. August has features that you can find helpful in terms of security and convenience.
- Augustus does not rely on your Wi-Fi to work. Instead, it relies on bluetooth technology in communicating with your smart phone.
- It also doesn’t have wires for power supply. It uses batteries to function. August will light its indicator or send you an email in case you need to buy replacements.
- August also has auto-unlock feature that makes sure you won’t have problems opening your door in case your hands are full. It knows when you’ve arrived through your phone’s geo-location and automatically unlocks for you.
- Its Ever-lock feature, on the other hand, ensures that your door always lock behind you. It takes around 30 seconds to happen after you have unlocked your door.
- August, unlike most of the smart locks available today, can give you unlimited virtual keys. You also have the capacity to define how long these keys can have access to your home. It can be based on a schedule, a permanent or temporary access.
- It also creates a record so you know who entered your home and when.
- If you want to connect your August smart lock with the other smart devices at home, you need to purchase the August Connect.
- August is priced at $249.99 and is available in Silver, Dark Gray, Champagne and August Red.
Lockitron first launched itself through crowdfunding. However, it experienced some problems with regards to production which led to the creation of the new Lockitron Bolt. Compared with the previous design, Bolt is sleeker and slimmer.
- Lockitron replaces your deadbolt at home. It has its own latch, strike plate and lock cylinder.
- It relies on four AA batteries to work. It usually takes around six months before you’ll need to secure replacements. Whenever that happens, you’ll receive a notification through your email.
- Lockitron relies on Bluetooth technology to sense your arrival.
- Unfortunately, it has no built in Wi-Fi.
- In case you want to have access to your locks while you are away from home, you need to purchase the Bridge. It is priced at $78 and may be helpful if you are constantly on the road.
- You can share your door’s access with your friends and family simply by downloading the app and giving them permission through it.
- If you are a renter or a landlord, you can try Lockitron’s KeyMatch feature. It allows you to use your existing key while taking advantage of Lockitron’s benefits.
- Lockitron is priced at $99. It is actually one of the cheapest smart lock you can find in the market today.
You can set up Okidokeys at home in just minutes. You don’t need to take off your existing locks, do a rewiring or perform drill works. Instead, you simply install Okidokeys inside your door. It fits most ANSI Grade 1 or Grade 2 deadbolts.
- Okidokeys offers several ways to lock and unlock your door.
- It uses Bluetooth technology to communicate with your smartphone. It knows when you’re near and automatically unlocks for you.
- It also has wristbands which you can give to your children. They can use it when they get home from school.
- For back up, Okidokeys also has Smart Cards which you can keep in your wallet.
- You can still use your existing keys, if you prefer.
- The devices are a mix of plastic and metal and are actually sturdy and durable.
- You have three options for the coverings. You can select one that blends the best with your door. In case you can’t select one, you can purchase the paintable one.
- Since Okidokeys has several ways in which your door can be opened, you can create different schedules for your visitors and helpers at home. You can give the smart cards to your helpers or the tags for your children’s nanny. The convenience about this is that you can turn off a person’s access anytime.
- You also get to receive a notification on when and who opened your doors. It can also tell you which key or method was used.
- Okidokeys works on batteries and does not need your Wi-Fi connection.
- The Okidokeys Smart Lock is priced at $189.99. This price includes the basic installation kit together with the smart lock, three coverings and sensor kit.
- If you want a more comprehensive coverage and features, you can choose the Okidokeys Connect Pack. At $349.99, you’ll get the smart lock, all access keys, smart reader and home automation capabilities.
Smart locks can add security to your home. It can give you peace of mind even if you are on the other side of the world. However, it is also important to note that humans also play a vital role in the efficiency of any home security devices today. If you will not exercise vigilance and caution, you can be your own security system’s weakest link.