Tado Smart Thermostat UsesYour Location To Control Your Home Temperature Reviews Visit Site
Are you sure your smart thermostat is intelligent enough?
Most of today’s smart thermostats can do the same set of things for you. They can lower your electricity bill. They can adjust your home’s temperature level so you can be comfortable when you get home from work. All in all, they can basically make your general heating system more efficient.
Tado Smart Thermostat, on the other hand, is more intelligent than your average smart thermostat. It doesn’t just rely on your routine in managing your home temperature. Instead, it uses your location to control your thermostat. For someone who doesn’t have a fixed schedule, Tado Smart Thermostat can help you be in more control.
- Tado Smart Thermostat maintains its aesthetically pleasing look since its first launch.
- It has a minimalist design, measuring around 10 cm in both height and width.
- It’s white in color which makes it easy for you to blend it with your home’s interior design.
- Instead of an LCD display, Tado uses an LCD matrix screen to let you know its current temperature setting.
- It also has arrow buttons which you can use to adjust your thermostat.
There are three ways you can get the device installed in your home. First, you can do a self installation by following the step by step instruction you can find at Tado’s official website. If you find the guide too confusing, you can ask one of their representatives to help you out over the phone. However, if you’re not confident with your installation skills, it would still be best to get professional help in doing the installation.
The method of installing the Tado Smart Thermostat will generally depend on whether or not you have an existing thermostat at home or if yours is wireless or not.
- Tado Smart Thermostat uses three AAA batteries to function.
- You can use this smart thermostat to replace any type of thermostat you have at home. If you are in doubt of whether or not Tado is fit for your home, there’s a list of manufacturers listed at its site which you can see. Tado claims to work with almost 95% of today’s thermostats.
- Instead of the first version’s three components, Tado now only uses two. This includes the thermostat and the bridge. The bridge should be connected with your Wi-Fi router to connect the thermostat. It’s important to keep your router near your thermostat as the signal is not that strong.
- If your home doesn’t have a wired thermostat, Tado comes with an expansion kit which you can use to build a wireless connection. This kit comes with Tado Expansion Box and the necessary cables and plugs for connection.
- This extension kit will control your heating system based on what your Tado Smart Thermostat senses.
Tado’s sole focus is your home’s temperature. You can consider it as your personal assistant when it comes to heat and air conditioning.
- Tado knows when the last member of the family has left the house through its own smartphone app. Once the last person stepped out of the house, it automatically reduces your home’s temperature level. It also knows if someone in the family is already on his way home.
- It also knows how far away you are from home using its geofencing feature. Using this data, Tado can start pre-warming your home so that by the time you arrive, your home’s temperature is at its most optimal level.
- Other than geofencing capabilities, Tado also has motion sensors which it uses to detect if someone is still at home.
- It can also adjust its setting based on the weather forecast. Tado has the ability to connect online so it knows what factors it should consider in adjusting your home temperature.
- Tado is also capable of getting familiar with your home. It considers room sizes, insulation and other significant factors in heating your home up. Tado begins its analysis from the first time you use and install it at home.
Other than these clever abilities, Tado Smart Thermostat also comes with its own IFTTT channel. This integration enables you to link your Tado to other smart devices you have at home. Using Tado’s geofencing capabilities, you can now have your lights turned on or your home security system engaged depending on your actions. Furthermore, Tado is also given a new API which will allow other developers and partners to link the device with their own devices.
Currently, the Tado Smart Thermostat has its own app that can run on both Android and iOS devices. This means that you can take full control of your thermostat on either your smartphone or your tablet. It also has its own version for Windows phone, Android Watch and Pebble Wear.
Tado Smart Thermostat can make you save around 31% on heating cost. Your savings will be based on your housing and living situation. The type of heating you use at home also plays an important factor in determining how much money you can save on a yearly basis. In general, Tado can actually pay for itself in just a year.
If you’re a little unsure about replacing your old thermostat or purchasing a new one, Tado gives you the option to rent one of its unit. Renting Tado can also help you test out the efficiency of the product. This can be particularly convenient for you if you are just renting your space or if you live in an apartment. By renting, you’ll need to hand in a year’s worth of payment. This period is not locked which means you have the option to switch to buying the device anytime you’re ready.
Tado comes with a 30 day money back guarantee in case you’ve purchased the product and you’re not really happy with how it works. To verify Tado’s availability in your area, you can drop a note at its website. The smart thermostat also offers Tado Care to assist you with your thermostat care including repair, online and phone support as well as advices.