Simplicam Offers Extra Protection with Facial Recognition Reviews Visit Site
At first glance, you’ll probably think Simplicam is just another security camera. It has an app. It can store videos. It has night vision, too.
However, with a closer look, you’ll find something in Simplicam which you’ll rarely find in other cameras. It has facial recognition. Now, how cool is that?
A few things to note about Simplicam:
- Simplicam has a glossy black finish. Its design closely resembles Dropcam.
- You can stick in on your wall using its black mount or position it upright with its silver stand. Its stand can pivot in any direction you want.
- It comes with a power cable that’s 10 feet long.
- It offers a 107-degree field of view and can stream videos at 720p.
- It weighs 6.7 ounces.
- Simplicam isn’t rated for outdoor use.
- It has motion and sound detection.
How It Works
Simplicam doesn’t work on batteries. Instead, you need to plug it directly into a power source using its long power cable. It also doesn’t have any battery backup which means that if the power goes down, you can’t expect the camera to work.
The camera has motion and sound detection which you can calibrate if you have dogs inside your home. This option helps limit false alerts whenever your pet runs around the perimeter of the camera.
Aside from these features, another thing that sets Simplicam apart from its competitors is its facial recognition. It just can’t differentiate your pet from a human, but it can also tell you exactly who is inside your home.
You can set the camera to remember around 10 faces. You can program it to stop recording once it recognizes a familiar face- or you can have it the other way around. You can manipulate your camera’s privacy and set it to record once it sees a specific person in your home, such as your kids getting back from school.
But there is a big catch to this feature. Aside from that it is still in its beta version, you also have to be subscribed to its recording plans before you can use it.
How much? Here’s a quick look at your options:
- If you pay $5 per month or $50 per year, you can save an hour of clips and view your last day’s recordings.
- For $14 per month or $140 annually, you can get 11 days of recordings and 3 hours of clips.
- The most expensive plan is at $23 monthly or $230 per year. This option will get you 5 hours of clips and 21 days of recordings.
If you feel that these plans are way too expensive for just face recognition, then you should consider subscribing to it for storage. With Simplicam, there’s no option for you to save your recordings locally. However, once subscribed, you will be able to download clips and recordings. For each camera, you need to have a separate plan.
There are two ways for you to install the camera. You can either use its smart phone app or use your computer to run its installer.
- For the app, all you need to do is to download it, connect your camera and key in your Wi-Fi details.
- The app will generate a QR code which you need to scan using Simplicam.
- Once the camera is able to recognize the code, it will generate two beeping sounds.
- After a while, you’ll be able to view a live feed from your phone.
For installation to be successful, you need to have a device that runs on iOS 7 or Android 4 and up. If you are going to use your computer, make sure that you have a Flash Player installed and the latest version of your browser.
Simplicam’s app gives you direct control of your camera. It allows you to do the following:
- View live feeds
- View multiple cameras
- Manage facial recognition
- Receive push notifications
- Take screenshots
- Adjust your sound and motion detection sensitivity
- Receive email notifications
Unlike other security cameras, Simplicam’s app lets you configure when you want to receive notifications. Instead of blasting your phone with multiple alerts, you can set it to send you a summary of notifications every 10, 30 or even one minute. You can even key in the exact times you want to get notified.
Where to Buy
You can order Simplicam from its official website. For $149.99, you can get the camera with an 11-day complimentary recording service. If you’re looking for a more comprehensive security, you can pay $199.99 and you’ll get the camera plus a year of daily recording services.
These prices include free shipping and a 30-day money back guarantee so you can check the camera first if it fits your needs. In case you’re looking for a security system with the same money back guarantee, you can check out our review of the #1 home security system.
Simplicam offers facial recognition but you have to sign up with its recording plans to enable the feature.
It needs to be plugged into a power source.
You can install the camera through the app or by using your computer.
It includes a 30-day money back guarantee.
You can set to receive notifications on the exact times you want
You need to enroll each camera to one plan.
You can view multiple cameras in the app.