PEQ Connected Home System Reviews Visit Site
There’s another connected home system aiming to make your life more comfortable. PEQ, pronounced as peek, is one of the newest additions to the long list of smart home platforms. It offers a simpler way for you to automate your home while keeping track of your doors and lights.
To start out with PEQ, you need to purchase at least one of its packages. The most affordable one you can get is at $119.99. This is is PEQ’s Starter Kit and it includes:
❖ PEQ Hub
- PEQ’s Hub is a Netgear gateway and it very much resembles a router.
- This device enables all the sensors, security cameras and smart devices you have at home to communicate with each other.
- The hub is powered via its AC adapter. There is no battery slot or backup power source which means you have to ensure that its connected to a power supply all the time.
- You need to keep your hub connected to your router.
❖ Door/ Window Sensor
- The Door/ Window sensor involves two parts. These are the magnet and the sensor.
- The pair can be attached on your target area, either by mounting it with a bracket or sticking it on the surface using its double sided tape. Both options are available on the package.
- To ensure proper functioning, you have to make sure that there’s an allowance between the two parts. Generally, a half inch partition is usually required.
- This device can notify you whenever your door or window opens unexpectedly. It can also alert you if it didn’t open on your specified time frame. You can use this rule to monitor your kids arriving home between 3 to 4 pm.
- The sensor is battery powered. You’ll receive notifications in case you need to have the batteries replaced.
At $199.99, on the other hand, you’ll be able to secure PEQ’s Illumination Bundle. Aside from the Hub and the Door/Window Sensor, you’ll also get two lamp modules. These modules will enable you to set your lights to activate whenever you want. You can also link these modules to your sensor so that when someone opens your door, your lights automatically turn on.
For the same price, you can get PEQ’s Watchdog Bundle. It’s packed with the same Hub and Door/Window Sensor but adds up a PEQ camera. The camera’s resolution, however, is at a low 640×480. It’s an indoor and outdoor camera that features night vision capability through its infrared LEDs. It connects wirelessly to the hub but needs to be plugged into a power source to function.
PEQ’s most comprehensive set is its House and Home Bundle. It’s a package that can keep track of any suspicious movements in your home as well as the presence of water leaks and extreme temperatures. If any of these happen, you’ll be notified right away. At $489.98, you’ll get:
- 1 hub
- 2 door/ window sensor
- 2 lamp modules
- 2 motion sensors
- 1 water sensor
- 1 smart thermostat
In case you find this set insufficient for your needs, you can purchase additional products. You can get extra door/ window sensors for $34.99 each while an additional motion sensor is priced at $44.99. You can purchase an appliance module to control your oven toaster and other appliances at home at $54.99. If you want an additional camera, you can buy one for $129.99.
PEQ is a DIY system. After taking them out of the box, you simply need to plug and pair them to start automating your home. Another good thing about PEQ is its ability to communicate with third party devices which includes Nest Thermostat, Philips Hue as well as Yale Door Locks. Currently, it is able to support around 64 Zigbee devices. You can control your system through its web interface or its app.
- The web dashboard and the app’s interface look similar. This helps avoid any confusion in navigating and controlling your system.
- In the dashboard, you can find the Contact Setting where you can set who gets notified in case your system finds something suspicious.
- There is also the Activity board where you’ll be able to see everything that happened at home for the entire day.
- You can also add new devices to your system using the dashboard. It even gives you a direct link of PEQ’s shop in case you want to buy additional equipments.
- If you want to see how many pictures or videos your PEQ system was able to save, you can click the Quota page. It can give you an idea of how much space you have left.
- There are also 4 modes which you can set your system to. It includes Home, Away, Night and Vacation mode.
- The dashboard and app interface can also give you an overview of the statuses of your device and lightings.
Purchasing PEQ system, however, does not end with paying for the devices. You need to hand in an additional $10 to ensure continued functionality. With this monthly fee, you’ll be able to receive around 20 text notifications and an unlimited number of emails. You also get to save 50 pictures and videos from your camera each day. Furthermore, the fee includes a reliable customer care team that will respond to any of your troubleshooting and assistance needs. Regular firmware updates will also be available to make sure your system is safe. Although you need to pay a monthly fee, PEQ will not tie you with a contract.
You should also take note that PEQ’s monthly fee is not synonymous with a monitoring fee. There will be no monitoring station to check your home or verify an alert. Although you’ll be able to receive notifications in cases of possible break ins or water leaks, it will be up to you to call your local authorities.
You can buy PEQ system through its purchasing page. Each system you buy comes inclusive of a one year warranty. If you find any of your devices working improperly, you can let PEQ know and they’ll send you new ones.