Logitech Security Camera Reviews Visit Site
Logitech has launched the second device it will add to its Logi brand and it aims to show you what a home camera is all about. Logi Circle can monitor for burglars and intruders while helping you stay connected with your loved ones at home.
Logi Circle looks fun and playful. It’s in the shape and size of a tennis ball but has the basic features of a security camera.
- Logi Circle has an HD camera to watch over your home. It can record events at 720p.
- It includes a microphone and a speaker so you can listen for any suspicious sound at home or talk to a loved one while you are away.
- It has a 135 degree wide angle viewing.
- The camera has night vision capability to enable you to see anyone sneaking in at night. It can see up to 15 feet.
- There’s a light indicator on the front of the device to let you know its status. A white blinking light indicates that someone is watching over the camera. If the light indicator turns red, it means that you need to find battery replacements. A blue light during the installation phase means that your device is ready for the next step.
- It also features an 8x zoom capability, whether you are viewing live or watching recorded videos.
Logi Circle is portable but you can always choose to let it stay on its dock. This dock is a magnetic ring and it also acts as the device’s charger. The charging ring comes with a 10 feet USB cable that you need to connect to a power outlet. In case you want to record something far from the range of the charging cable, you can simply take Logi Circle off of its dock. The device can run on batteries for three hours if you are streaming videos or 12 hours if you choose to activate the power savings mode.
The Logi Circle’s base is also magnetic which means you can easily attach it to metal surfaces, such as your fridge or the metal stand of your lamp. If you don’t find these locations helpful, you can screw the device to your wall or simply place it on counter tops and tables. You can position it at any angle you want.
Because you have the option to use it wirelessly, you can set it anywhere at home. You can take it off of the dock and place it in the nursery. By doing this, you’ll be able to watch over your baby while you’re finishing your laundry. Once you are through with your other household chores, you can place the Logi Circle back on its dock. You should take note, however, that although Circle is portable, it is not weatherproof. It is recommended for indoor use only.
To control Logi Circle, you need the app and a smart phone. Because it doesn’t have a web client, you’ll depend on the app in managing your home camera. The app is very straightforward and simple. It has no confusing tabs. As a matter of fact, it only has a few buttons covering the basic actions, such as activating the power savings mode, controlling the volume of the speaker and microphone and enabling night vision. Aside from control, you can also receive notifications through the app each time your Logi Circle detects something that warrants attention. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Although similar with most security cameras, Logi Circle has one interesting feature. They call it as “Day Brief”.
- This feature compresses important events that happened from midnight to the most recent time you checked your recordings into a 30 second video clip. It’s similar to watching everything that has happened at home in fast forward.
- Pressing Day Brief in the app will enable you to see movements and events that Logi Circle finds unusual. This eliminates the need to manually go over your day’s recordings just to check for alerts.
- For this feature to be possible, Logi relies on Scene Intuition. It enables your device to start recording once it sees motion happening in its viewing range.
- Unlike other cameras, Logi Circle is smart enough to filter alerts. It knows which warrants attention and which doesn’t. It studies your habit and records only those events that are out of the ordinary.
When you buy a Logi Circle, you instantly get a free video storage account that can hold a full 24-hour recording. You have the option to review the day’s recordings. You can also download the clips, in case you need to investigate on something or simply can’t resist capturing your dog’s charm. If you are thinking about increasing this storage capacity, you may have to wait as Logi is still working on its storage subscriptions.
Installing Logi Circle is relatively easy.
- Primarily, you need to turn on the device. You can find the switch on the bottom of the device.
- Once the Circle flashes a blue light, you simply wait for it to connect.
- The app will then require you to create an account. You need to key in an active email and a strong password.
- The configuration process only takes a few minutes. The app will walk you throughout the process.
Logi Circle doesn’t have the capability to play with third party devices. It also lacks the built in siren most security cameras have. It can’t detect faces or monitor your home for extreme changes in temperature. However, with its price and capability for continuous and portable home monitoring, Logi Circle can be one of the most affordable yet efficient security camera for your home.
You can purchase the Logi Circle for $199.99 through its pre-ordering page. You can choose to have it in white or black. Shipment of the Logi Circle is expected to start this October. Each unit you buy comes with a one year limited warranty.