BuddyGuard’s Flare Is An All In One Security System Built With Artificial Intelligence Reviews Visit Site
You can find a lot of smart home security systems today. However, BuddyGuard’s Flare is a tad different. It has artificial intelligence and it vows to protect you and your home- all by itself.
- Flare is an all in one home security system.
- HD Camera
- Flare has a 1080p HD camera that automatically records unusual events at home.
- This camera can recognize you. It has facial recognition capabilities which means it knows when someone is authorized to enter the house or not. It analyzes and verifies facial features to discern intruders from family members. Once it finds the face familiar, Flare will stop recording.
- With the same technology, you’ll be able to disarm your system even while carrying big bags of groceries or your sleeping child. This is very helpful particularly in instances where your smart phone runs out of batteries.
- Once you’re inside your home, Flare will stop recording and it will use its shutter to cover its lens. It knows when to give you privacy.
- It also knows if it’s your pet or another person that triggered an alarm. By verifying first, there’s a lesser chance for false alarms to happen.
- HD Camera
- Motion Sensor
- Flare uses infrared technology to monitor for any unusual movement at home.
- In the event that Flare finds an intruder at home, it can immediately sound an alarm.
- Flare also has a built in temperature sensor which can notify you in case there’s an abrupt change in your home temperature.
- Most burglars will try to destroy your security system the moment they find it. Fortunately, Flare comes with an accelerometer which can alert you right away if your device is being moved or tampered.
- Flare uses its microphone to pick up any unusual sound at home.
- You can also use this microphone to control your system as Flare is also a voice-controlled device. You can verify your identity and make commands verbally.
- Loud Speaker
- Flare can also prevent burglaries from happening.
- The moment Flare recognizes a potential intrusion, it will play some domestic sounds to make it look like your home. It can be the sound of someone washing dishes or watching television.
Flare knows when each member of the family has left the house. Once it senses that everyone has left, it will take charge of your house and remain vigilant until you’ve returned home.
Flare will also notify you immediately if it detects an intruder at home. When you fail to respond to its notification, Flare will reach out to your emergency contact list. If there’s no immediate response from them, the system will sound an alarm and notify local authorities on your behalf. Flare has advanced algorithms to make such clever decisions when it comes to your home’s safety. Very interesting, right?
- Flare works on batteries.
Flare has rechargeable lithium batteries which can last up to three weeks with normal use. After such time or when the batteries run out, you simply need to recharge the device through its micro USB cable. You can charge the device overnight. Also, you shouldn’t worry about draining your Flare’s batteries. It will notify you before that happens.
If you find this inconvenient, you can just keep your Flare connected with a power source. You can do this if you’ll be leaving your house for a couple of days and would want to make sure your home security won’t have any downtime while you’re gone.
- Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity.
Flare primarily uses its Wi-Fi module to connect to its online Cloud database. However, if there’s an interruption with the said connectivity, it will resort to using its 3G module. The sim card, apparently, is hard wired to the system. You can’t take it off or replace it with another one.
- Bluetooth LE.
Flare can connect with your smartphone and other smart devices you have at home using Bluetooth technology.
BuddyGuard’s Flare can make sure you’ll be able to see what happens in your home when a break-in occurs. It will record every event and each event will have a backup image that will be stored in Flare’s online storage database. Saving a copy is very important, particularly in instances when a burglar decides to destroy your device. Pictures are hard evidences that can be used in identifying a burglar and in filing charges.
Flare is actually very small that it can fit in your hands. It measures 11 centimeters in diameter and it’s wireless. You can have it installed in your home in just minutes. Here’s how you can do it:
- Flare comes with a magnetic holder which you can use to install the device at home. Secure the magnetic holder on your wall using the adhesive tape. Once the base is stable, you can place Flare on top of it. Flare is designed to be mounted on walls. This makes it capable for Flare to give you a 170 degree view of your room.
- The device comes with one button. You have to press this button to activate Flare and once it’s on, it will automatically search for a network.
- The next step involves downloading the app. It’s available in both Apple and Google Play Store. After downloading, key in your Wi-Fi password once prompted to do so.
- Using the app, you need to take several pictures of yourself to familiarize Flare with your face. You’ll also have to talk to the app to make it remember how your voice sounds.
Flare is also capable of making your home smart. You can connect it with other smart devices through the IFTTT technology. You can create recipes such as activating your smart bulbs everytime Flare recognizes you or an intruder. You can even set your thermostat to adjust whenever Flare detects changes in the temperature. If you’re going out for a vacation, you can make your home more secure by programming your Flare and setting up recipes. On such note, in case you have a bigger home, you can install multiple Flares for better security coverage.
BuddyGuard’s Flare debuted at KickStarter. You can pre-order your unit for $299 through the same page.